What is sentence Give 5 examples?
A simple sentence has the most basic elements that make it a sentence: a subject, a verb, and a completed thought. Examples of simple sentences include the following: Joe waited for the train. The train was late.
What is conjunction give 5 examples?
Conjunction is a word that joins words, phrases, clauses or sentence. e.g. but, and, yet, or, because, nor, although, since, unless, while, where etc. Examples: She bought a shirt and a book.
What are 10 examples of compound sentences?
- I like coffee. Mary likes tea. → I like coffee, and Mary likes tea.
- Mary went to work. John went to the party. I went home. → Mary went to work, but John went to the party, and I went home.
- Our car broke down. We came last. → Our car broke down; we came last.
How do you write a synthesis sentence?
Synthesis of sentences
- Synthesis means the combination of a number of simple sentences into one new sentence – simple, compound or complex.
- By using a participle.
- He sprang up to his feet.
- She was tired of trying.
- By using a noun or a phrase in apposition.
- By using a preposition with a noun or gerund.
- Her husband died.
- He has failed many times.
What are the 10 examples of conjunction?
Examples of Conjunctions
- I tried to hit the nail but hit my thumb instead.
- I have two goldfish and a cat.
- I’d like a bike for commuting to work.
- You can have peach ice cream or a brownie sundae.
- Neither the black dress northe gray one looks right on me.
- My dad always worked hard so we could afford the things we wanted.
What are the six sentence openers?
There are six sentence openers:
- #1: Subject.
- #2: Prepositional.
- #3: -ly Adverb.
- #4: -ing , (participial phrase opener)
- #5: clausal , (www.asia.b)
- #6: VSS (2-5 words) Very Short Sentence.
What is conjunction give 10 examples?
|1. Because||She usually eats at home, because she likes cooking.|
|7. Therefore||She came first. Therefore she got a good seat.|
|8. Provided||They can listen to music provided they disturb nobody.|
|9. Unless||You don’t need to go unless you want to.|
|10. Since||Since I see you, I am better.|
What is conjunction give example?
A Conjunction is a word that joins parts of a sentence, phrases or other words together. Conjunctions are used as single words or in pairs. Example: and, but, or are used by themselves, whereas, neither/nor, either/or are conjunction pairs.
What are some paragraph starters?
Paragraph Starters for Informational Essays
- This essay will explore/examine/discuss….
- In this essay, I will analyze….
- Experts agree that….
- There are many ways to….
- Have you ever….
- Would you believe that….
- It’s an accepted fact that….
- It’s may be difficult to believe that….
What is a good sentence starter for an essay?
Below is a list of possible sentence starters, transitional and other words that may be useful. This essay discusses … … is explored … … is defined … The definition of … will be given … is briefly outlined … … is explored … The issue focused on …. … is demonstrated … is included …
How do you start an introduction for a synthesis essay?
How to Write an Introduction for a Synthesis Essay
- Introduce the topic: The introduction should introduce the topic that you will be covering in the essay and provide some background.
- Set the tone/define the audience: The introduction is the first thing the reader will see and should establish the tone that you will use throughout the entire essay.
What are the 7 conjunctions?
The seven coordinating conjunctions are for, and, nor, but, or, yet, and so.
What are the 10 examples of interjection?
- Hurrah! We won the game! ( Emotion of joy)
- Alas! I failed the exam! ( Emotion of sorrow)
- Wow! What a beautiful car! ( Emotion of surprise)
- Oh! I forgot to bring my purse! ( Emotion of sorrow)
- Ouch! It hurts! ( Emotion of pain)
- Eww! It tastes so bad! ( Emotion of disliking)
- Yahoo! I got a job! (
- Huh! I don’t care! (