Is ASAP formal or informal?
Transitions – Informal & Formal
|Also||In addition, Additionally|
|ASAP||as soon as possible/at your earliest convenience|
Is it correct to say at your earliest convenience?
Both those requests are correct enough – asking someone to call ‘at your earliest convenience’ implies that your request is URGENT and you want them to call AS SOON AS THEY CAN. Only say ‘at your earliest convenience’ if you really need that person to call you back right away, as soon as they can.
Does ASAP mean immediately?
Everyone knows this means “as soon as possible”. But not everyone interprets this to mean the same thing. In my world, the term ASAP usually means “I need it now,” or, “As quickly as you can,” and sometimes even, “Drop everything you’re doing and do this right now.”
What means as soon as?
phrase. If you say that something happens as soon as something else happens, you mean that it happens immediately after the other thing. As soon as relations improve they will be allowed to go.
How do you use as soon as?
We use as soon as to show that something happens immediately, i.e. ‘at the very moment another action is completed’, or ‘shortly after another action is completed’. I’ll call you as soon as I arrive. [= ‘I will arrive and then I’ll call you immediately.
Is as soon as possible an idiom?
It often takes the form as soon as possible, meaning at the earliest possible moment, as in He’ll finish the work as soon as possible. This expression employs possible in the sense of “if it can or could be,” a usage dating from the late 1600s. is now available in paperback and eBook formats. Make it yours today!
What does mean ASAP?
as soon as possible
Is ASAP a word?
asap is an abbreviation for ‘as soon as possible. ‘ The colonel ordered, “I want two good engines down here asap.”
Will get back to you at earliest?
It means that someone will get back to you with a message or some other contact as soon as they possibly can.
What is another way to say as soon as possible?
What is another word for as soon as possible?
Is it polite to say at your earliest convenience?
At your earliest convenience Although there’s nothing wrong with this phrase, it might actually be too polite, or at least too open-ended. Although you could use softer, less jaron-laden language like “whenever you have time” or “as soon as you’re able”, once again, we prefer specificity.
How do you ask for an urgent reply?
If something is urgent, use the following expressions: “As this matter is urgent, I would appreciate a reply as soon as possible.” “I would be grateful for your prompt reply.” “I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.”
What is the meaning of as soon as possible?
2. At the earliest moment that, as in Telephone me as soon as you can. It often takes the form as soon as possible, meaning at the earliest possible moment, as in He’ll finish the work as soon as possible. This expression employs possible in the sense of “if it can or could be,” a usage dating from the late 1600s.
How do you use ASAP in a sentence?
ASAP in a Sentence 🔉
- “ Hurry and call 9-1-1 ASAP!”
- Benji needed his rent money ASAP since it was due a few days ago and he could face eviction. 🔉
- Karen emailed the second she walked into her house because the note stated to notify her mother ASAP when she got home. 🔉
How do you ask for something fast?
‘As Soon As Possible’ Synonyms
- “… by [date and time] because [reason]”
- “When you have a chance [in the next day, before tomorrow, this week]”
- “I apologize for the urgency, but could you please [do X, send me Y, complete Z] at your soonest possible convenience?”
How do you arrange a meeting?
- Identify the purpose of the meeting.
- Make sure you really need a meeting.
- Develop a preliminary agenda.
- Select the right participants.
- Assign roles to participants.
- Decide where and when to hold the meeting and confirm availability of the space.
- Send the invitation and preliminary agenda to key participants and stakeholders.