How do you write a good comparison essay?
Writing a comparative essay
- Read the topic carefully. Make sure that you understand exactly what the topic is asking you to do.
- Give roughly equal weight to each text.
- Choose your preferred structure.
- Focus on differences as well as similarities.
- Use linking words and phrases.
- Explore a range of elements.
How do you start a compare and contrast essay?
You can start by introducing an interesting fact about each of your subjects. Asking a question also works. Outline the main question regarding the two subjects, so you’ll answer it with the thesis statement and the arguments that follow. Give some background on the subjects you’re going to compare.
How do you start a comparison paragraph?
Paragraph 1: The opening sentence names the two subjects and states that they are very similar, very different or have many important (or interesting) similarities and differences. Continue discussing similarities only using compare-contrast cue words such as “like,” “similar to” and “also,” for each comparison.
How do you write few lines in a family?
Five sentences on my family are given below :
- My family is a small and a sweet family consisting of four people, that is, mom, dad, me and my elder sister.
- My parents cares for me and my elder sister a lot.
- My mom is a housewife.
- My father is a businessman.
How do you write a family description?
Rule #1: While you’re describing a member of your family, be clear in describing the role played by that particular member in your household. Rule #2: Spell out the personality of the person you’re describing. Be descriptive and analytical. Rule #3: Talk about that person’s interests and hobbies, likes and dislikes.
How do you write 10 sentences about your family?
10 Lines on My Family Essay For Class 1
- I have a wonderful family and love all my family members.
- My family consists of ten members – grandparents, parents, uncle, aunt, two brothers, one sister and me.
- My father is an engineer and my mother is a school teacher by profession.