How do you reference a research paper in Word?
Click the “Type of Source” drop-down menu, and select the appropriate source, such as “Book” or “Journal Article.” Enter the pertinent information, such as author name, title, year, publisher or specific pages. Click “OK” to add the source to the references list and automatically enter the citation in the document.
How do you reference a research paper?
How to Cite a Research Paper in APA
- Book: Author, A.A.. (Year of Publication). The Title of work.
- Example: Finney, J. (1970).
- Magazine: Author, A.A.. (Year, a month of Publication).
- Example: Tumulty, K.
- Newspaper: Author, A.A.. (Year, Month Date of Publication).
- Website: Author, A.A.. (
- Example: Simmons, B. (
What should be included in a reference sheet?
What Information to Include on Your Reference Sheet
- Current Job/Position.
- Phone Number.
- Email Address.
- Reference Description: Write one sentence explaining how you know or have worked with this person, where, when, and for how long. (Check out the example below to see what this looks like in action.)
What should you not cite in a research paper?
When to Cite
- Cite when you are directly quoting. This is the easiest rule to understand.
- Cite when you are summarizing and paraphrasing.
- Cite when you are citing something that is highly debatable.
- Don’t cite when what you are saying is your own insight.
- Don’t cite when you are stating common knowledge.
How do we do referencing?
Include the author/s name/s where possible. You should write the surname (last name) first followed by any initials. If there are more than three authors then you can cite the first author and use the abbreviation ‘et al’, meaning ‘and all’. Jones A et al.
What is the purpose of a reference sheet?
The purpose of a reference sheet is to have a list of people who can verify and elaborate on your professional experience for a potential employer.
What is a citation for a research paper?
Definition. A citation is a formal reference to a published or unpublished source that you consulted and obtained information from while writing your research paper.