How do you move a table of contents in Word?
Format the text in your table of contents
- Go to References > Table of Contents > Custom Table of Contents.
- Select Modify.
- In the Styles list, click the level that you want to change and then click Modify.
- In the Modify Style pane make your changes.
- Select OK to save changes.
Are tables and figures the same?
Tables are numerical values or text displayed in rows and columns. A Figure is any type of illustration (chart, graph,photograph, drawing maps …) other than a table.
How should figures and tables be numbered?
Figures should be labeled with a number preceding the table title; tables and figures are numbered independently of one another. Also be sure to include any additional contextual information your viewer needs to understand the figure.
How do I unlink table of contents in Word?
The Table of Contents is a fieldcode so it can be converted to text by unlinking the fieldcode. Do the following: Highlight the entire Table of Contents. Press Ctrl + Shift + F9 (Windows) or or Cmd + Shift + F9 (Mac) to unlink the field code.
How do I create a list of illustrations in Word?
Insert a table of figures
- Click in your document where you want to insert the table of figures.
- Click References > Insert Table of Figures. Note: If your Word document is not maximized, the Insert Table of Figures option might not be visible.
- You can adjust your Format and Options in the Table of Figures dialog box. Click OK.
What is a table of illustrations?
A table of figures is a list, sorted by page number, of the captions pulled from figures, images, or tables in your document. It’s like a table of contents, but it’s a table of anything to which you can add a caption.
Can you have 2 Table of Contents in Word?
Word allows you to include multiple tables of contents in a single document. Thus, you can have a table of contents for each chapter of a book, even if all the chapters are in the same document. The easiest way to create multiple tables of contents is to use styles.
How do I add a header to a Table of Contents 4?
To include Heading 4’s, there are a couple more steps.
- Click the References tab and select Table of Contents, except this time, you will select the Custom Table of Contents to change options.
- Under the General section, click the up arrow next to Show levels: to add Heading 4 to the Table of contents.