How do you do a works cited page on word?
To add a citation, select the desired location for the citation in your document, click the Insert Citation command on the References tab, and select Add New Source. A dialog box will appear. Enter the requested information for the source—like the author name, title, and publication details—then click OK.
How do you use MLA format?
MLA Paper Formatting Basics
- Use white 8 ½ x 11” paper.
- Make 1 inch margins on the top, bottom, and sides.
- The first word in every paragraph should be indented one half inch.
- Indent set-off quotations one inch from the left margin.
- Use any type of font that is easy to read, such as Times New Roman.
- Use 12 point size.
How do you do MLA format on Microsoft Word on a Mac?
MLA Formatting Guide: Step 1: Times New Roman font Step 2: 12 point font Step 3: One-inch margins Step 4: Double spaced Step 5: Remove extra space after paragraph Step 6: Page number Step 7: Headings Step 8: Title Step 9: Indent Paragraphs Step 10: Insert a Page Break Step 11: Create a Hanging Indent Page 3 Provided by …
How do you do a works cited page on Word for Mac?
Insert a works cited list or bibliography
- In your document, click where you want the works cited list or bibliography to appear (usually at the very end of the document, following a page break).
- On the References tab, click the arrow next to Bibliography, and then click Bibliography or Works Cited.
How do you MLA cite a poem?
MLA Citation Guide (8th Edition): Poetry Author of Poem’s Last Name, First Name. “Title of Poem.” Title of Book: Subtitle if Any, edited by Editor’s First Name Last Name, Edition if given and is not first, Publisher Name often shortened, Year of Publication, pp. Page Numbers of the Poem. Donne, John.
Where should the works cited page be included in a document?
The Works Cited page is the list of sources used in the research paper. It should be its own page at the end of the paper. Center the title, “Works Cited” (without quotation marks), at the top of the page. If only one source was consulted, title the page “Work Cited”.
Are poems italicized MLA?
Italicize titles if the source is self-contained and independent. Titles of books, plays, films, periodicals, databases, and websites are italicized. Place titles in quotation marks if the source is part of a larger work. Articles, essays, chapters, poems, webpages, songs, and speeches are placed in quotation marks.
How do you properly cite a poem?
In the Works Cited entry, you start with the poet’s name, followed by the title of the poem in quotation marks. Then include details of the source where the poem was published. Usually you will follow the format of an MLA book citation or an MLA website citation.
What are some common informational items that are added in a citation on a works cited page?
Answer. Generally, a citation will include: the name of the book, article, or other resource; the name of its author; information (if applicable) about the journal it came from; the date it was published; and when it was accessed if it was read online.
How do you set up MLA format on Google Docs?
MLA Format Google Docs
- All text is font “Times New Roman” & Size 12.
- One-inch page margin for all sides (top, bottom, right and left)
- A header with your last name and page number 1/2 inch from the top-right of each page.
- The entire research paper is double-spaced.
How do you alphabetize a works cited page in APA?
In APA Style, alphabetization is easy as long as you remember these simple rules:
- Alphabetize letter by letter.
- Ignore spaces, capitalization, hyphens, apostrophes, periods, and accent marks.
- When alphabetizing titles or group names as authors, go by the first significant word (disregard a, an, the, etc.)
How do you number pages in MLA format in Word?
This process is just as simple as the Word steps.
- Click Insert.
- Scroll down to Header & page number.
- Click the little arrow and touch Header.
- In the toolbar, click right align.
- Click Insert, then Page numbers and right-aligned.
- Click on the page number and type your last name.
How do you cite a poem from a Purdue OWL MLA?
Provide the author and specific page number (in the case of verse, provide line numbers) in the in-text citation, and include a complete reference on the Works Cited page. Punctuation marks such as periods, commas, and semicolons should appear after the parenthetical citation.
How do you cite a poem from a website in MLA?
Format for Citing a Web Poem in MLA Last, First. “Title.” Website in Italics, URL. Accessed date (e.g., 29 April 2018).
How do you set up MLA format on a Mac?
How to Set up MLA Format in Pages on a Mac
- Set the page margins of your document to one inch all around.
- Select the full text of your document.
- Set the line spacing of your document to “2.0” by selecting “2.0” from the “Line Spacing” control on the Format toolbar.
Does the work cited page count as a page?
The Works Cited page is the last page or pages with the list of all the works you cited throughout your essay. Include those two end-pages in the page-count.