How do you cite a social media post?
Surname, Initial(s). (Year) Title of Post/Excerpt, Day and Month [Social Media Platform]. Available at URL [Accessed date]. The ‘title’ is the trickiest bit, since most social media posts don’t have one.
How do you cite YouTube comments in Chicago?
YouTube citation in Chicago style
- Start with the video’s name. In Chicago style citations, the video’s name comes first.
- Credit it to YouTube. Next, label the video as content derived from YouTube.
- Label video length.
- Credit the publisher or channel.
- Write the publish date.
- Include the video link.
How do you cite commentaries?
Author Last Name, First Name. “Title of Chapter,” In Title of Commentary. Vol. # of Title of Work, edited by Editor’s Name, inclusive page #s.
How do you cite notes in Chicago style?
How to reference a Lecture using the Chicago Manual of Style. The most basic entry for a lecture consists of the speaker name, presentation title, presentation type, sponsor, event, city, and date conducted. Last Name, First Name. “Presentation title.” Presentation Type, Event from Sponsor, City, Date Conducted.
How do you get cited?
To boost your citation count to maximize impact, consider these 10 simple techniques:
- Cite your past work when it is relevant to a new manuscript.
- Carefully choose your keywords.
- Use your keywords and phrases in your title and repeatedly in your abstract.
- Use a consistent form of your name on all of your papers.
How do you write a citation for a website?
Cite web postings as you would a standard web entry. Provide the author of the work, the title of the posting in quotation marks, the web site name in italics, the publisher, and the posting date. Follow with the date of access. Include screen names as author names when author name is not known.
How do you cite a social media post Chicago?
Chicago Manual of Style Lastname, Firstname [or single username] (@handle). Year. “Full text of tweet.” Twitter, Month day, year, time posted. URL.