How do you cite a legal statute?
Therefore, the proper citation format is:
- The title number.
- The abbreviation of the code used (here, U.S.C.A. or U.S.C.S.)
- The section symbol (§) followed by a space and the section number containing the statute.
- The name of the publisher (West or LexisNexis)
- The year of the code.
How do you cite Congress in APA?
Include the bill title (if relevant), the abbreviated name of the house (H.R. or S.) and number of the bill, the number of the Congress, and the year of publication. When the URL is available, include it at the end of the reference list entry.
How do you cite a bill in text apa?
Title, Bill or Resolution Number, Number of Congress Cong., Number of Session Sess. (Year).
How do you cite a hospital policy in APA?
- Elements: Name of the Statute, Title number Source § Section number(s) (Year).
- Example: Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993, 29 U.S.C. §§ 2601-2654 (2006).
- Elements: Title (year).
- Example: Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (2006) or (Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993, 2006).
How do you cite the law of the Philippines in APA?
Basic format to reference legislation and cases
- Short Title of Act (in italics).
- Year (in italics).
- Jurisdiction abbreviation (in round brackets).
- Section number and subdivision if applicable.
- Country abbreviation (in round brackets).
- The first line of each citation is left adjusted.
How do you cite a resolution?
General format: Author (if applicable),Title (if applicable), Resolution or Decision number, UN Body and OR Designation, Session number or year, Supplement number, UN Document number (Date or Year) pinpoint.
How do you cite a court case in APA 7th edition?
Sample Citations – Cases or Court Decisions
- Reference list: Name v. Name, Volume U.S. Page (Year). URL.
- Parenthetical citation: (Name v. Name, Year)
- Narrative citation: Name v. Name (Year)
How do you cite an unpublished dissertation in APA?
Reference format for unpublished thesis/dissertation: Author, A. A. (date). TItle of doctoral dissertation or master’s thesis (Unpublished doctoral dissertation or master’s thesis). Name of Institution, Location. Give the correct full name of the university, not its abbreviation or brand name.
How do you APA cite a court case?
To cite a court case or decision, list the name of the case, the volume and abbreviated name of the reporter, the page number, the name of the court, the year, and optionally the URL. The case name is italicized in the in-text citation, but not in the reference list.