How do I submit an article to the Times?
All submissions must be original, exclusive to The Times and, as a matter of security, embedded in the text of an email, not as an attachment. Submissions may be sent to [email protected]. Due to the large volume of messages we receive, we have to pass on much material of value and interest.
How do I contact the press UK?
Home Office press office Journalists with enquiries can call the Home Office news desk on The desk operates from 7am to 8pm, Monday to Friday. If you are not a member of the media, please use the Home Office public enquiries line: Press office out of hours number: 628.
How do I contact an editor?
- 7 Great Ways to Contact Editors. Maya Spikes.
- Know Your (Editor’s) Role.
- “Can’t I just shoot an email to the publication’s listed generic email address?”
- Ask other writers.
- Get Social.
- Use advanced searches for email addresses.
- Try the media press kit.
- Get on the phone.
Which does not lead to an effective letter to the editor?
Using language that accuses or offends readers is not effective in a letter to the editor. When you write a letter to the editor, you want to make sure that you are able to capture the reader’s attention. You should state what the letter is about and why it is important.
How do you write a good letter to the editor?
Tips on Writing a Letter to the Editor
- Keep it short and on one subject. Many newspapers have strict limits on the length of letters and have limited space to publish them.
- Make it legible.
- Send letters to weekly community newspapers too.
- Be sure to include your contact information.
- Make references to the newspaper.
Does a letter to the editor count as a publication?
“Letter to the Editor” or “Correspondence” is considered a “post publication peer review”. They are generally listed in the scientific databases as a publication. Therefore, the evidence against or in favor of the discussed subject should be strong enough to attract the journal editors and readers.
How do I contact a newspaper editor?
Explain you are a freelance writer and ask for the editor’s email address. Most times the operator (or editorial assistant) will be able to give it to you. But sometimes they will suggest you pitch a generic email address or to email the pitch to them and they will pass it on.
How do I submit a news story?
1) The simplest format is the the News Outlet giving you an email to submit your news tip/story. The email address will usually be tip@_____news.com or news@______news.com. You simply copy down the email address and send them your pitch.
How do you contact the press with a story?
Contact a local media outlet to tell your story
- Call or email. The contact details for most media outlets should be readily available on the website.
- Think about what you want to say. Take a few minutes ahead of your interview to think about anything you want to say and topics you don’t want to discuss.
- Take a movement to say it out loud.
- Be yourself.
What is a letter to the editor of a newspaper?
A letter to the editor (sometimes abbreviated LTE) is a letter sent to a publication about issues of concern from its readers. Usually, letters are intended for publication. Letters to the editor are most frequently associated with newspapers and newsmagazines.
How do you submit an article to an editor?
How to Publish an Article in a Magazine in 5 Steps
- Choose a topic you’re passionate about. Before you can see your byline in a magazine publication or website, you’ll need to come up with a great article idea.
- Research and write.
- Edit your article.
- Determine which publications to submit to.
- Submit your article.
How do I write a cover letter for a publication submission?
What should I include in a cover letter?
- Editor’s name (when known)
- Name of the journal to which you are submitting.
- Your manuscript’s title.
- Article type (review, research, case study, etc.)
- Submission date.
- Brief background of your study and the research question you sought to answer.
- Brief overview of methodology used.
Who is the editor of The Independent?
How can I publish an article in a newspaper?
5 tips for getting your stories printed in local newspapers
- Pitch your story idea. Having an ongoing relationship with the editor of your local newspaper is always beneficial.
- Research style. Every newspaper, magazine or online publication has a unique style.
- Package your story.
- Provide photography & videos.
- Deliver as promised.
How do you end a letter to the editor?
To end the letter
- I hope my comments/suggestions/points will be taken into consideration;
- I hope the government/local council/we will …;
- I hope something will be done about this urgently.
How do you write a letter to the editor of a publication?
How do you write a letter to the editor?
- Open the letter with a simple salutation.
- Grab the reader’s attention.
- Explain what the letter is about at the start.
- Explain why the issue is important.
- Give evidence for any praise or criticism.
- State your opinion about what should be done.
- Keep it brief.
- Sign the letter.
Can I write an article for a newspaper?
The best way to structure a newspaper article is to first write an outline. Review your research and notes. Other members of the publishing staff often write headlines, but this will help focus your thoughts and perhaps save those other employees for some time.
How do you address an email editor?
Address Them by Name The “Dear Editor” intro. Bam, right in the trash. If you haven’t taken the time to know the name of the person you’re emailing, you do not have the right to write for that publication. This is a serious pet peeve among editors far and wide, so take note.
How do I submit an article to The Independent?
Submission Guidelines: Article must be on a topic suitable for TIPM. Article must demonstrate a convincing understanding of the topic. Article must have detail and substance and fall within our minimum word guideline. Article demonstrates passion and is written with a personal voice.
What is the benefit of publishing letter to editor in newspaper?
Letters to the editor serve two main purposes; post-publication peer review and sharing experiences with fellow readers. Both are equally important in maintaining journals’ high standards. Indexing needs to be improved otherwise valuable comment does not endure while the original manuscript’s message lives on.
How do you talk to the press?
Below are ten tips to help you speak with the media both on and off the record.
- Know Your Deadline.
- Ask for the Questions Ahead of Time.
- Understand the “Rules” of Media.
- Practice, Practice, Practice!
- Avoid Getting Ambushed.
- Never Wing It — Do Not Ramble!
- Avoid Jargon & Acronyms.
- Tell the Truth.
How do you pitch a story to an editor?
How to Pitch an Article
- Get right to the point. Let your potential editor know what they’re getting right at the top.
- Provide a hook.
- Make it easy to contact you.
- Link to writing samples.
- Offer a proposed deadline alongside your article idea.
- Wait a few weeks, then follow up if you don’t hear back.
How do you start a formal letter to the editor?
1. Letters to the Editor start with a SALUTATION, usually ‘Dear Editor’ or ‘Dear Sir/Madam’. 2. Letters to the Editor are usually written in a response to a previous letter, or in response to a current issue.
Why do you write a letter to the editor?
The purpose of letters to the editor pages in newspapers is to give everyday people an opportunity to publish their views, comment on a recent article and respond to the issues of the day. This makes writing a letter to the editor one of the easiest ways to get your message across to thousands of readers.
How do you write an article comment?
10 Rules for Writing Opinion Pieces
- BE TIMELY OR EARLY.
- BE VERY OPINIONATED.
- CONVEY A STRONG LINK TO YOUR SUBJECT.
- ADD UNKNOWN FACTS.
- DON’T SHARE THE OBVIOUS SLANT.
- KEEP IT SHORT AND SWEET.
- BE AWARE OF YOUR AUDIENCE.
- DON’T BE AFRAID TO BE SYBIL.
How long is a letter to the editor?
In general, letters should be under 200 words, 150 or less is best; stay focused on one (or, at the most, two) main point(s); and get to the main point in the first two sentences. If possible, include interesting facts, relevant personal experience and any local connections to the issue.
How do you write to the Sunday Times?
The Sunday Times
- Letters to the Editor*: [email protected].
- Sunday Times News: [email protected].
- Sunday Times World News: [email protected].
- News Review: [email protected].
- Sunday Times Sport: [email protected].
- Culture and arts: [email protected].
What is format of letter to editor?
First para of the body: Introduce yourself and explain the purpose of writing the letter in brief. Second para of the body: Give a complete detail of the matter. Third para of the body: Conclude by mentioning what you expect to be done by the editor.