How do I search for text in all tables in SQL?
This could be a simple value as ‘test’ or you can also use the % wildcard such as ‘%test%’, ‘%test’ or ‘test%’. schema – this is the schema owner of the object. table – this is the table name you want to search, the procedure will search all char, nchar, ntext, nvarchar, text and varchar columns in the base table.
How do I search for a string in an entire database in SQL Server?
Usage of Code
- CREATE PROC SearchAllTables(@SearchStr nvarchar(100)) AS BEGIN. DECLARE @Results TABLE(ColumnName nvarchar(370), ColumnValue nvarchar(3630)) SET NOCOUNT ON. DECLARE @TableName nvarchar(256), @ColumnName nvarchar(128), @SearchStr2 nvarchar(110) SET @TableName = ”
- exec SearchAllTables ‘%search for some text%’
How do I find a string in an entire database?
If you need to find database objects (e.g. tables, columns, and triggers) by name – have a look at the free Redgate Software tool called SQL Search which does this – it searches your entire database for any kind of string(s).
How do I find a string in SQL?
In SQL Server, you can use the T-SQL CHARINDEX() function or the PATINDEX() function to find a string within another string.
How do I search an entire database in MySQL?
MySQL Workbench There is a Schemas tab on the side menu bar, click on the Schemas tab, then double click on a database to select the database you want to search. Then go to menu Database – Search Data, and enter the text you are searching for, click on Start Search.
How do I search a value in all columns in a table?
You need to do it in two steps, first generate the sql like (assuming your table is named T in schema S: select concat(‘ SELECT * FROM t WHERE ”a” in (‘ , GROUP_CONCAT(COLUMN_NAME) , ‘)’) from INFORMATION_SCHEMA. columns where table_schema = ‘s’ and table_name = ‘t’ and DATA_TYPE IN (‘char’,’varchar’);
How do I search for a field in SQL?
Use this Query to search Tables & Views:
- SELECT COL_NAME AS ‘Column_Name’, TAB_NAME AS ‘Table_Name’
- FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS.
- WHERE COL_NAME LIKE ‘%MyName%’
- ORDER BY Table_Name, Column_Name;
How do I search for a keyword in SQL?
Use ApexSQL Search in SSMS to search for SQL database objects
- Search text: Enter the keyword you wish to search.
- Server: It is the SQL instance you connected.
- Database: Here, you can select a single database, multiple databases or all databases.
- Object type: By default, it searches in all the objects.
How do I find a word in a string in sql?
SQL Server CHARINDEX() Function The CHARINDEX() function searches for a substring in a string, and returns the position. If the substring is not found, this function returns 0. Note: This function performs a case-insensitive search.
How do I find text in all stored procedures in SQL Server?
I want to search a text from all my database stored procedures. I use the below SQL: SELECT DISTINCT o.name AS Object_Name, o. type_desc FROM sys.
How do you search for a string in all fields of every table in a MySQL database?
How do I search all databases?
Select the Object search command:
- In the Search text field, enter the text that needs to be searched (e.g. a variable name)
- From the Database drop-down menu, select the database to search in.
- In the Objects drop-down list, select the object types to search in, or leave them all checked.
How do I find a table in SQL?
– One row represents one referencing table – Scope of rows: all tables referencing table with provided name (and optionally schema) – Ordered by referencing table schema and name
How to get the names of the table in SQL?
of all columns in a particular database
How do I list all tables in a SQL database?
– One row represents one table in the database – Scope of rows: all tables in the database – Ordered by schema and name
How to get row counts for all tables?
Sunday,February 26,2017 – 12:51:38 AM – jayaram.