How do I insert a footnote on only one page?
To keep the footnote together in Word:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+S to Apply Styles.
- Footnote Text.
- Click Modify.
- Click Format.
- Select Paragraph.
- Under Line and Page Breaks tab.
- Check box by Keep lines together.
- Click OK.
How do you insert a page in Microsoft Word?
The page number of the current page is inserted at the cursor. After the page number, type a space, then “of”, then another space. Click the “Quick Parts” button in the “Text” section of the “Insert” tab again and select “Field” from the drop-down menu.
How do you add page numbers to a Word document?
To add page numbers to your Word document, switch over to the “Insert” tab on the Ribbon and then click the “Page Number” button in the “Header & Footer” section. A drop-down menu shows several different options for where you’d like the page numbers to appear—top of the page, bottom of the page, and so on.
How do I create a chapter header in Word?
And finally, to create the chapter headers themselves, all you need to do is:
- Open the header in the first chapter.
- Go to References > Captions > Cross-reference.
- Select Heading from the menu as your reference type.
- Pick the relevant chapter title and click Insert.
- Repeat for each chapter of your document.
How do I get rid of a blank page in Word 2007?
Delete a page in Word
- Click or tap anywhere in the page you want to delete, press Ctrl+G.
- In the Enter page number box, type \page.
- Press Enter on your keyboard, and then select Close.
- Verify that a page of content is selected, and then press Delete on your keyboard.
How do I add a heading to a Word document?
To add a heading style
- Type the text you want into a Word document.
- Select a sentence that you want to add a header to.
- Select Home > Styles (or press Alt+H, then L), and then select the heading you want, such as the Heading 1 button.