How do I cite an online course?
Online courses, including Moocs, can be cited by providing the instructors, year of course creation (if known), title of the course, site that hosts the course, and URL.
How do you cite a play?
When citing a play with numbered lines, the MLA parenthetical citation should include the author name and the act, scene and line number(s)….Book.
|Format||Author surname, Author first name. Play Title. Publisher, year of publication.|
|Example||Friel, Brian. Translations. Faber & Faber, 1981.|
What is definition of dance?
Dance, the movement of the body in a rhythmic way, usually to music and within a given space, for the purpose of expressing an idea or emotion, releasing energy, or simply taking delight in the movement itself.
How do you cite D2L content?
- Reference: Author(s) last name, Initial. (Year, Month Day).
- In-text citation (paraphrase): (Author last name(s), year)
- In-text citation (direct quote): (Author last name(s), year, para. #)
- Tips: If the notes you are referencing are on D2L, give the login page of D2L as the URL in the reference.
How do you reference Moodle?
CITATION ORDER FOR BOOK EXTRACTS DIGITISED FOR USE ON MOODLE:
- Author or tutor.
- Year of publication (in round brackets)
- Extract title.
- Title of Book (In Italics)
- Place of publication: Publisher.
- Page number of extract.
- Code(if available): Name of Academic Module taken from Moodle (In Italics)
- Available at: URL of VLE.
Can you cite a speech?
To cite a speech, lecture, or other oral presentation, cite the speaker’s name and the title of the speech (if any) in quotation marks. Follow with the title of the particular conference or meeting, the name of the organization, and the venue and its city (if the name of the city is not listed in the venue’s name).
How do you Harvard reference an event?
To be made up of:
- Title of exhibition (in italics).
- Year (in round brackets).
- Date(s) of exhibition.
How do you cite a speech in an essay?
To cite speeches in text, either write the author’s last name in a parenthetical citation or write the quote and put the speaker’s name in parentheses. For example, if the speaker’s last name is Crowe: “MLA is easy to use” (Crowe).
How do you reference an event?
Basic format to reference conference proceedings
- Author or authors of paper. The surname followed by first initials.
- Title of paper (in single inverted commas).
- Editors of conference proceedings.
- Title of conference proceedings (in italics).
- Location of conference.
- Date of Conference (if available)
How do I cite an article in a class?
Class handout quoting another source Last Name of Author of quoted source, First Name. “Title of work from a published collection. (e.g. poem or article).” Title of Publication (book or periodical). “Title of Handout.” Title of course, (Name of instructor,) Date of handout, Name of school.
How do you reference a song Harvard style?
- Year of distribution (in round brackets).
- Title of song (in italics).
- Place of distribution: distribution company.
How do you reference a verbal quote?
In your in-text citation of a Personal Communication give the initials as well as the surname of the communicator, and provide as exact a date as possible….The basics of an in-text entry for personal communications:
- Author (communicator).
- Format description.
How do you reference a module?
If you are providing an in-text reference to an online module text, you will need to provide the year of module start, instead of the year of publication. For example: Author (year of module start), or (Author, year of module start). comma) • The module code, block number and title (in italics).
How do I cite blackboard?
Digital File posted on Blackboard or Other Learning System Author: Last Name, First Name. “Title of Lecture/Article/Reading.” Name of Course, Version, Day Month Year of Lecture. Blackboard or name of other course management tool.
How do you reference a talk?
Basic format to reference lecture notes
- Author or authors. The surname is followed by first initials.
- Title (in italics).
- Description of format.
- Unit name and Unit code.
- Date lecture was delivered.
How do you reference an oral presentation?
When citing an oral presentation, like a class lecture, give:
- the speaker’s name.
- the title of the presentation in quotation marks, if known.
- the name of the sponsoring organization.
- the date.
- the venue.
- the location. The city may be omitted if part of the venue name (e.g. Vancouver Convention Centre) (p. 50).
How do I cite ATI website?
- Author. Date. Title. Access information.
- Sommer, S., Johnson, J., Roberts, K., Redding, S. R.,
- Churchill, L., Davila, L. & Knippa, A. (2013).
- Fundamentals for nursing (8th ed.). https://www.atitesting.com.
- Your ATI textbook will have the same URL, but different author(s), date, and title/edition.
How do you cite Brightspace?
APA Referencing Guide — Brightspace: lecture notes, module handbooks
- Author(s)/ lecturer(s)/ university (family name, comma followed by initials, with full stop and space after each initial OR organisation, followed by full stop)
- (Date). ( Year, month day, in round brackets, followed by full stop)
- Title. (
How do you cite course materials?
Course Packs – Basic Format Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (year of publication). Title of document. In A. Instructor (Ed.), Course number: Course title (pp.
How do I cite a source within a source MLA?
MLA format follows the author-page method of in-text citation. This means that the author’s last name and the page number(s) from which the quotation or paraphrase is taken must appear in the text, and a complete reference should appear on your Works Cited page.
Is a bibliography a secondary source?
Like primary sources, secondary materials can be written or non-written (sound, pictures, movies, etc.). Examples of secondary sources: Bibliographies.
How do you cite a quote within a source?
Your in-text citation should include both authors: the author(s) of the original source and the author(s) of the secondary source. For example: (Habermehl, 1985, as cited in Kersten, 1987). In your reference list you should provide the details of the secondary source (the source you read).
How do you cite the I Have a Dream Speech?
Structure to cite a transcript of I Have a Dream found online in Chicago: Speaker’s Last name, First name Middle initial. “Title of speech.” Speech presented at Title of Event, Location, Date presented. URL.
How do you cite a speech in APA from a website?
How you cite a speech in APA Style depends on the format in which you heard it….How to cite a speech in APA Style.
|Format||Speaker last name, Initials. (Year, Month Day). Speech title [Speech audio recording]. Website Name. URL|
|In-text citation||(Kennedy, 1961, 01:45)|
How do you cite a lecture in Chicago style?
If you are citing a class lecture, include your professor’s name, title of the lecture in quotation marks, the course number and name and the location and date.
How do you cite a website in a speech?
For organizational or long-standing website, include title: “The center for Disease Control web site includes information…” For news or magazine websites, include title and date: “CNN.com, on March 28, 2005, states…” (Note: CNN is an exception to the “don’t use the address” rule because the site is known by that name.)
How do you cite a handout in Chicago style?
Chicago/Turabian Style In the notes and bibliography version, write the author’s first and last name followed by a comma. Example: Chris Johnson, Follow the comma with the title of the handout, where the handout was presented, the city it was presented in, state and date you received it.