What are the top 10 comedy TV shows of all time?
Greatest Comedy TV shows of all time
- Seinfeld (1989–1998) TV-PG | 22 min | Comedy.
- I Love Lucy (1951–1957)
- The Honeymooners (1955–1956)
- All in the Family (1971–1979)
- The Simpsons (1989– )
- The Andy Griffith Show (1960–1968)
- The Mary Tyler Moore Show (1970–1977)
- The Dick Van Dyke Show (1961–1966)
What shows were big in 2011?
Top-rated United States television programs of 2011–12
|1||Sunday Night Football||NBC|
|3||Dancing with the Stars||ABC|
|4||American Idol — Wednesday||FOX|
What is the highest rated comedy on TV?
Top 50 Comedy TV Shows
- Community (2009–2015)
- Schitt’s Creek (2015–2020)
- Only Murders in the Building (2021– )
- Rick and Morty (2013– )
- All Creatures Great and Small (2020– )
- The Simpsons (1989– )
- The House (2022– ) TV-MA | 97 min | Animation, Comedy, Drama.
- Gilmore Girls (2000–2007) TV-PG | 44 min | Comedy, Drama.
What TV series started in 2011?
1. Game of Thrones (2011–2019)
What is the oldest comedy show?
While there are several genres of comedy, some of the first ones aired were variety shows. One of the first United States television programs was the comedy-variety show Texaco Star Theater, which was most prominent in the years that it featured Milton Berle – from 1948 to 1956.
What to watch if you want to laugh?
Here are the most frequently mentioned movies so you can bookmark this for when you need a good laugh.
- White Chicks (2004)
- Daddy Day Care (2003)
- Step Brothers (2008)
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)
- Grandma’s Boy (2006)
- Girls Trip (2017)
- Hot Rod (2007)
What was on TV 2009?
2009 TV Show Debuts
- Modern Family (2009–2020) TV-PG | 22 min | Comedy, Drama, Romance.
- The Vampire Diaries (2009–2017) TV-14 | 43 min | Drama, Fantasy, Horror.
- Community (2009–2015) TV-14 | 22 min | Comedy.
- Parks and Recreation (2009–2015)
- Castle (2009–2016)
- Glee (2009–2015)
- Archer (2009– )
- White Collar (2009–2014)
What was on TV in 2006?
Shows debuting in 2006
|March 13||The New Adventures of Old Christine||CBS|
|March 15||The Loop||Fox|
|March 16||American Inventor||ABC|
|March 17||Modern Men||The WB|
What is the number one sitcom on TV?
The highest-rated live-action sitcom of all time is none other than Friends. The show ran for ten seasons between 1994 and 2004 and continues to gain attention from nostalgic fans, with the reunion show gaining a huge amount of attention when it aired in 2021.
What was the first situation comedy?
Mary Kay and Johnny
“Mary Kay and Johnny,” the first American sitcom, centered on a young married couple in New York (real-life married couple Johnny and Mary Kay Stearns). The 15-minute weekly show, which aired on Nov. 18, 1947, was performed live for a studio audience.
What was the first TV show ever aired?
In the experimental days of television, the very first full-length program broadcast in the US was a drama in one act called The Queen’s Messenger by J. Harley Manners. The WGY radio station in Schenectady, New York aired the drama on September 11, 1928.
What is the funniest thing on Netflix?
The Best Comedies on Netflix Right Now (February 2022)
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Year: 1975. Directors: Terry Gilliam, Terry Jones.
- Monty Python’s Life of Brian. Year: 1979.
- Step Brothers. Year: 2008.
- Caddyshack. Year: 1980.
- Lady Bird. Year: 2017.
- Stripes. Year: 1981.
- The Mitchells vs. The Machines.
- 21 Jump Street. Year: 2012.
What is the best comedy TV show of all time?
Top 100 tv comedy shows of all time. 1. South Park (1997– ) TV-MA | 22 min | Animation, Comedy. 2. Curb Your Enthusiasm (2000– ) 3. It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (2005– ) 4. The Simpsons (1989– ) 5. Mr. Show with Bob and David (1995–1998)
What are some of the best TV shows of 2011-2019?
1 Game of Thrones (2011–2019) TV-MA | 57 min | Action, Adventure, Drama 9.3 Rate this 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 9.3 / 10 X 2 Black Mirror (2011– ) TV-MA | 60 min | Drama, Sci-Fi, Thriller 8.8 Rate this 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 8.8 / 10 X 3 Shameless (2011–2021)
What is parodistic comedy?
This comedy/variety show specialized in parodies of movies and television shows and commercials. Often, they would also have a special guest (e.g., a TV actor) join them.
What are the best comedy TV shows about Larry David?
Curb Your Enthusiasm (2000– ) Error: please try again. The life and times of Larry David and the predicaments he gets himself into with his friends and complete strangers. 3. It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (2005– )