What are the anatomical regions of the brain?
The brain has three main parts: the cerebrum, cerebellum and brainstem.
- Cerebrum: is the largest part of the brain and is composed of right and left hemispheres.
- Cerebellum: is located under the cerebrum.
- Brainstem: acts as a relay center connecting the cerebrum and cerebellum to the spinal cord.
What are the 4 major parts of the brain and each of their functions?
The four lobes and their functions are as follows:
- Frontal Lobe. This section controls attributes, such as reasoning, planning, parts of speech, general movement, emotions, problem-solving, smell and personality.
- Parietal Lobe.
- Occipital Lobe.
- Temporal Lobe.
What are the 4 parts of the brain and their functions quizlet?
Terms in this set (7)
- cerebrum. associated with movement and sensory input.
- cerebellum. responsible for muscle coordination; balance, posture, and muscle tone.
- medulla oblongata. controls many vital functions such as respiration and heart rate.
- midbrain. eye movement and auditory reflexes.
- brain stem.
What are the four main regions of the brain quizlet?
Four major parts of the brain
- brain stem.
What are the five main regions of the brain?
Terms in this set (5)
- Cerebrum. largest/most prominent region of the brain divided into 2 hemispheres and is responsible for voluntary and conscious activities of the body.
- Cerebellum. 2nd largest, located at the back of the skull that functions to coordinate body movements.
- Brain Stem.
Where are the 4 lobes of the brain located?
The four lobes of the brain are the frontal, parietal, temporal, and occipital lobes (Figure 2). The frontal lobe is located in the forward part of the brain, extending back to a fissure known as the central sulcus. The frontal lobe is involved in reasoning, motor control, emotion, and language.
What does CNS?
The central nervous system (CNS) controls most functions of the body and mind. It consists of two parts: the brain and the spinal cord. The brain is the center of our thoughts, the interpreter of our external environment, and the origin of control over body movement.
What are the 4 main regions of the brain quizlet?
What are the four major anatomic regions of the brain quizlet?
What are the four major anatomic regions of the brain? The cerebrum, diencephalon, brain stem, and cerebellum. The brain’s shape is not smooth.
What are the 3 main regions of the cerebral hemisphere?
The cerebral cortex provides most of the functions of the cerebrum and is organized into three major regions: sensory, association, and motor areas.
What are the 5 lobes of the brain?
Each cerebral hemisphere is divided into five lobes, four of which have the same name as the bone over them: the frontal lobe, the parietal lobe, the occipital lobe, and the temporal lobe. A fifth lobe, the insula or Island of Reil, lies deep within the lateral sulcus.
What is CNS and PNS?
Our nervous system is divided in two components: the central nervous system (CNS), which includes the brain and spinal cord, and the peripheral nervous system (PNS), which encompasses nerves outside the brain and spinal cord.